Launched in October 2011, F’Hill Radio is Farnborough Hill’s very own radio station which broadcasts to all classrooms before school and at lunch times, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Our radio shows, produced by a selection of talented Year 11 pupils, feature:
- a wide range of musical tastes from the Beatles to Goldfrapp - all pupils are guaranteed to find a tune to their liking
- interactive shows with competitions, giveaways, musical requests and shout-outs
- gossip and news providing up-to-date interviews and reports from roving reporters
Recent highlights include interviews with:
- Alex Danson - ex-pupil and Olympic Women’s Hockey Team Gold Medallist
- Jonathan Dimbleby - following 'Any Questions' broadcast from the School
- Sir Gerald Howarth - former local MP and Minister for Defence
- John Suchet - renowned TV journalist and presenter on Classic FM
In partnership with 96.4 Eagle Radio DAB the F’Hill Radio teams annually attend a tailor-made radio course at their headquarters in Guildford, learning presenting skills and gaining experience with the high-tech equipment which is mirrored in our own studio. Meeting and interviewing radio celebrities such as PG and Bev from the Breakfast Show gives the crew a valuable insight into the world of radio.